Position: Project Manager
PPNEA is seeking to employ a project manager starting from 1 April 2022.
The employee will be engaged with activities relating to protected areas establishment and promotion, governance and management, sustainable development, wildlife research and monitoring.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinating and implementing activities related to sustainable development of Protected Areas within the Sustainable future for Korab-Koritnik/ Sharr project.;
- Responsible for the implementation of activities related to the Protected Areas for Nature and People project;
- To implement the field activities related to both aforementioned projects;
- To assist with field activities related to wildlife monitoring and research in PPNEA’s working sites in Albania;
- To lobby on the local and national level for the proclamation of Protected Areas and assist in the implementation of public hearings, workshops and conferences related to protected areas declaration;
- To monitor work plan and activity indicators for the both aforementioned projects and prepare short reports for the Project Manager.
Required skills and expertise
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in the field of nature and biodiversity conservation particularly similar to the tasks described above;
- Knowledge and experience related to protected areas declaration and management;
- Skills in organizing events and meetings;
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and readiness to travel nationally and in the region;
- Ability to maintain very good relations with local stakeholders as well as project partners and donors;
- Knowledge in project cycle management, with a focus on planning, process facilitation, networking, monitoring and reporting;
- Highly fluent in both oral and written forms of the English language;
- Team-work abilities, efficient time organization and coordination skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to travel independent in the working areas such as the Korab-Koritnik Nature Park and Shebenik National Park
- Minimum MSc/MA degree in fields related to environment and nature. Additional qualifications (PhD, postgraduate trainings, etc.) and/or experience in interdisciplinary projects will be considered further advantages.
Terms of employment
This position is based at PPNEA office in Tirana, with frequent travels to the PPNEA’s focus areas in Albania. The position is for one year, with a possibility of extension.
The level of pay for this position will be in the range of categories III-a – III-b of civil servants depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Interested candidates should send by e-mail in pdf format a detailed CV in English and a maximum two-pages cover letter in English outlining their interest in the position, two letters of recommendation, and copies of their qualifications/degrees by 11 March 2022, to:
Protection and Preservation of Natural Environment in Albania (PPNEA)
E-mail: [email protected]
Clarification on the selection of candidates: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. If you have not received a confirmatory email on the shortlisting by 15 March 2022, you have not been selected for further consideration for this position.